Two-Day Event in Greenwell Springs, Louisiana, Will Focus on Defining Absolutes of Biblical Truth in an Ever-Darkening World
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—Is truth black and white—or are there shades of gray? This question and many others will be explored at this weekend’s Truth Conference, which will feature a lineup of inspiring and captivating apologists, writers and speakers, including author and religion and culture expert Dr. Alex McFarland (www.alexmcfarland.com).
Set for Sept. 16-17 at Louisiana’s Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, the Truth Conference 2017 is a gathering that focuses on defining the absolutes of biblical truth in an ever-darkening world. A panel of leading experts will discuss topics such as teen apologetics, Christian parenting and Christian citizenship, and how teens, parents, grandparents and pastors can find answers to leading a lost world to Christ.
WHO: Author, religion and culture expert, and renowned apologist Dr. Alex McFarland
WHAT: Truth Conference 2017
WHERE: Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, 19421 Greenwell Springs Road, Greenwell Springs, LA
WHEN: 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 15 to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017;
McFarland will speak at 8:45 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
WHY: Theme: “Defining Truth in a World That Has Gone Gray”
HOW: For more information or to reserve ticket visit the Truth Conference website.
Speakers at the conference include the following:
- Alex McFarland is a co-author of the new book, “Abandoned Faith: Why Millennials Are Walking Away and How You Can Lead Them Home,” which explores why millennials are leaving the church, instructs how those who love millennials can bring them back, and offers the hope of Christ to parents of young adults. The well-known apologist and author of about 20 other books speaks to tens of thousands of people each year and has been featured at conferences such as The Billy Graham School of Evangelism, Focus on the Family’s Big Dig, Josh McDowell’s True Foundations events, California’s Spirit West Coast and many more.
- Dr. Frank Turek is a dynamic speaker and award-winning author or coauthor of four books: “Stealing from God,” “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist,” “Correct, Not Politically Correct” and “Legislating Morality.” As president of CrossExamined.org, Turek presents powerful and entertaining evidence for Christianity at churches, high schools and at secular college campuses that often begin hostile to his message.
- Tony Perkins is the longest-serving president of Family Research Council, and his team of policy experts works tirelessly to shape public policy and the culture from a biblical worldview. An effective communicator, he is a frequent guest on news networks, a sought-after speaker and host of his own nationwide daily talk show, “Washington Watch.”
- Abraham Hamilton III is the American Family Association’s Public Policy Analyst. He holds a juris doctor degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. He is also a father and Bible teacher. His ministerial focus includes marriage, family, apologetics, biblical worldview training, discipleship and preaching. He also hosts “The Hamilton Corner” daily on American Family Radio.
- Lauren Green has served as Fox News Channel’s chief religion correspondent based in the New York bureau since 1996. Most recently, Green reported live from Rome in 2013 on the election of Pope Francis, as well as on the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI. Additionally, she provided live coverage of the beatification of Pope John Paul II from Rome in 2011 and Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the United States in 2008. She hosts Fox’s online news feature “Spirited Debate.”
- Jeremy Dailey, who will lead worship at the conference, serves as the worship pastor at Greenwell Springs Baptist Church. Previously the student pastor, Dailey has served in the worship pastor role for the past 10 years.
To book Dr. Alex McFarland for interviews, contact Beth Harrison at 610-584-1096, ext. 104, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, or Deborah Hamilton, 610-584-1096, ext. 102.