Green Joins Fox News Colleague Todd Starnes, Faith Investigator J. Warner Wallace, Apologist Josh McDowell and More at March 23-24 Event at Life Community Church in North Carolina
GREENSBORO, N.C.—Faith has made news in 2017 and so far in 2018 perhaps more than any time in recent history. And Lauren Green at Fox News has been there to cover the most important stories.
Green will be part of the 2018 Truth for a New Generation (TNG) conference organized by religion and culture expert and author Dr. Alex McFarland. The event is set for March 23-24, 2018, at Life Community Church, 4900 W. Wendover Ave., Jamestown (the greater Greensboro area) in North Carolina.
“If there’s a faith topic that should be front-and-center for Christians, Lauren Green takes an intelligent and very real look at the issue and shares it with millions of viewers,” said McFarland, who is also Director for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at the Christian Worldview Center of North Greenville University (NGU, www.ngu.edu) in Greenville, S.C. “I am thrilled to welcome my friend, Lauren, to this year’s Truth for a New Generation conference, and I know our attendees will be moved and deeply affected by her talk.”
Lauren Green currently serves as Fox News Channel’s (FNC) chief religion correspondent based in the New York bureau. She joined FNC in 1996. Her online program, “Spirited Debate,” on which McFarland has been a guest many times, delves into the most pressing faith-based news issues and welcomes experts who present a variety of perspectives.
In 2013, Green reported live from Rome on the election of Pope Francis, as well as on the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI. Additionally, she provided live coverage of the beatification of Pope John Paul II from Rome in 2011 and Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the United States in 2008.
Prior to joining FNC, Green served as a weekend news anchor and correspondent at WBBM-TV (CBS-2) in Chicago, Illinois. From 1988 to 1993, she was a general assignment reporter at KSTP-TV (ABC-5) in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Outside of her career at FNC, Green is a reputable concert pianist with a degree in piano performance from The University of Minnesota. She has interviewed some of the most prominent people in the classical music world including Placido Domingo, Pierre Boulez and Joshua Bell, and has covered such events as the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition and opening night of The Metropolitan Opera. In 2004, she released her debut album, “Classic Beauty.”
A graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, Green was named Miss Minnesota in 1984 and was the third runner-up in the 1985 Miss America contest.
The theme of the 2018 Truth for a New Generation conference is “Save a Nation” and will also feature the following speakers:
- Todd Starnes—The popular Fox News commentator and columnist is heard daily on hundreds of radio stations around the nation. Starnes also makes regular appearances on Fox News Channel, including on “Fox & Friends,” and on Fox Business Network. He is the author of several books, including “The Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again” and “God Less America,” and is a frequent speaker. He recently debuted the three-hour, daily “Todd Starnes Show” on Fox News Radio and has covers a number of high-profile stories, taking him from Wall Street to the White House.
- J. Warner Wallace—As a cold-case homicide detective, popular national speaker and best-selling author, Wallace continues to consult on cold-case investigations while serving as a senior fellow at the Colson Center for Christian Worldview. He is also a faculty member at Biola University and Summit Ministries. A former atheist, Wallace took an expansive look at the evidence for the Christian worldview and determined that Christianity was demonstrably true. Throughout his career, he has served as a youth pastor and church planter, then built the Cold-Case Christianity website, blog and podcast as a place to post and talk about what he discovered related to the evidence supporting Christianity.
- Josh McDowell—A trailblazer for truth and relationships, McDowell has been at the forefront of cultural trends and ground-breaking ministry for over five decades. He shares the essentials of the Christian faith in everyday language so that youth, families, churches, leaders and individuals of all ages are prepared for the life of faith and the work of the ministry. Since 1961, McDowell has delivered more than 27,000 talks to over 25 million people in 125 countries. He has written or co-authored 148 books, including “More Than a Carpenter” and “New Evidence That Demands a Verdict,” recognized by World Magazine as one of the top 40 books of the 20th century.
- Kamal Saleem—Having come from among them, Saleem is uniquely equipped with tremendous insight and a wealth of knowledge concerning the true culture and agenda of radical Islam. He is well-versed in the Holy Bible, Koran, Hadith and Sira (Shariah Law). He believes radical Islam is the most broadly disguised present danger to Christians, Jews and all non-Muslim people of the world. Saleem carries a message from God to awaken the Church through the truth, education and relationship.
- Abraham Hamilton III—A husband, father of four, lawyer, home-school dad and Bible teacher, Hamilton serves American Family Association as its General Counsel and Public Policy Analyst. He hosts “The Hamilton Corner” American Family Radio and has an undergraduate degree in New Testament Biblical Literature from Oral Roberts University and a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. In the legal profession, Abe served as a criminal prosecutor, handling major felony prosecutions at the trial level. Additionally, Hamilton’s ministerial focuses include marriage, family, apologetics, biblical worldview training, discipleship and preaching.
- Juan Valdes—With a love for the Lord and a passion to reach both English- and Spanish-speaking people with God’s message, Valdes is the senior pastor of a Spanish-speaking congregation in Florida and has worked at a Christian school as both a chaplain and a teacher for more than 20 years. As an educated and experienced teacher of apologetics, Valdes has taught Bible and philosophy at the high school level, and theology, Bible and apologetics at the seminary level. He speaks regularly in the Miami area, across the country and internationally, at conferences, church services and events.
This year’s conference will also feature a screening of the American Family Association feature-length film, “The God Who Speaks,” for which McFarland was a contributor, as well as a VIP “Gold Circle” seating, which will allow participants to interact with the speakers.
Previous TNG conferences drew overflow crowds, and early registration is encouraged. A special early-bird rate is available through Jan. 30. For more information, a schedule and registration and lunch details, visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com. Truth for a New Generation is presented by Alex McFarland Ministries, American Family Association, American Family Radio, North Greenville University and Journey Christian Magazine.
View the media page for Alex McFarland here. For more information on Dr. Alex McFarland, visit www.AlexMcFarland.com or follow him on Facebook or on Twitter @AlexMcFarland. For more on the TNG conference, visit www.TruthforaNewGeneration.com.
For more information on TNG or to interivew Dr. Alex McFarland, contact Deborah Hamilton, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, 610.584.1096, ext. 102, or Dillon Burroughs, 610.584.1096, ext. 108.