There are so many churches. How can you know which one to attend?
The right church is one that teaches the truths of God’s Word— beginning with Genesis and all the way to Revelation. There are core doctrines that all Christians must believe and all Christian churches must teach.
The best way to qualify a good church is to judge using God’s word. Does the church believe and teach the following
- The Bible is true, inerrant, and good for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness
- God created the heavens and earth and created man in His image
- All was perfect until man fell into sin
- God, in His love and mercy, promised a redeemer to save mankind
- Jesus is God
- Jesus came to earth, born of a virgin, incarnate in the flesh, to redeem man
- Jesus died to pay for man’s sins, was buried, and rose again to open the way for mankind to come to God and have eternal life with Him
- Jesus forgives and saves repentant sinners by grace through faith, not of works (Eph 2:8-9)
- Jesus is the head of the Church, His body
- The mission of the church is to grow in love for God and knowledge of His Word, and demonstrate our love for God by loving and serving others
- Jesus will return and make all things new
Look for a church that faithfully teaches the Bible and you’ll likely find one that stands firm on all core Christian doctrines.